Hi. I'm Aral Tasher
Also Known As,@araltasher 🤙🏻
I'm a UX Engineer with over 5 years of experience in designing and building digital experiences that are both beautiful and functional. I have a passion for solving complex user problems with seamless, elegant answers. I prefer clear logic to decoration.
With a background in Software Engineering, Cybersecurity and Human-Computer Interaction, I bring a unique yet essential set of skills to the table.
When I'm not working, you can find me exploring the deep blue, practicing on mixed martial arts or creating content and inspiring fellow creators online. I curate reviews and tech tips to an audience base of 150K+ creative minds throughout various social media platforms.
In my role as a Senior User Experience Engineer for Rho Impact, I have a wide range of responsibilities that are critical to creating and maintaining an exceptional digital experience for our users.
My work involves conducting usability reviews and provided design recommendations to improve the end-to-end experience, developing feature updates using React.js/Typescript and Material UI. I also spearhead our User Research efforts by implementing a product analytics system using Mixpanel to identify retention drivers and increase user engagement.
- Sep 2021 · PresentSenior User Experience EngineerRho ImpactAs a Senior User Experience Engineer, I reviewed Rho Impact's Gemini Platform's usability to identify UX issues and provided design recommendations to improve the end-to-end experience.
I collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and maintain feature updates using React.js/Typescript and Material UI.
By analyzing user data, I identified opportunities for improvement and informed development decisions to prioritize and plan feature development based on user needs and feedback.
- Apr 2019 · Sep 2021User Experience EngineerRho AIAs a User Experience Engineer, I created the CRANE Tool web application to assess the potential for reducing emissions of emerging climate technologies.
I conducted user research to understand user needs, developed an MVP within 4 months using agile methodologies, and utilized user personas and journey maps to ensure a user-centered design approach.
I also designed and prototyped the product, and developed the front-end using React.js and Material UI to deliver a responsive and visually appealing user interface.
- Jul 2018 · Apr 2019UI/UX DesignerNovel EngineeringAs a UI/UX Designer, I collaborated with stakeholders to gather requirements and designed wireframes and concepts for multiple R&D projects.
I also oversaw project progress, ensuring timely delivery of final applications, and optimized application performance by implementing user tracking and analytics tools.
My effective SEO implementation and data-driven decision-making resulted in a 16.5% increase in Google organic sessions over a 9-month period.
- Aug 2015 · Dec 2016Research AssociateHarris Institute for Assured InformationAs a Research Associate, I have been responsible for designing and prototyping consumer-facing cybersecurity products using Sketch, as well as developing responsive web applications with Angular.js and RESTful APIs with SQL.
I have also been responsible for mapping user flows, designing interfaces, and creating overall user experiences for various R&D projects.
In addition, I have created a visualization tool using D3.js to display virtual network maps.
- Jan 2017 · Apr 2017UI/UX Designer, InternCareer Fair +As a UI/UX Designer Intern, I had the opportunity to conduct stakeholder interviews, develop personas and journey maps, and iterate on wireframes and interface mockups based on user feedback and usability testing.
I also contributed to the initial interface development process using the MEAN stack and collaborated with cross-functional teams to ensure timely delivery of the project.
Through this experience, I gained valuable skills in user-centered design, project management, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Feb 2016 · Dec 2016Software Quality Assurance Engineer, InternPhilipsAs a software tester for the "Xper Flex Cardio" project, I developed and executed manual scenario testing to ensure the software's functionality and quality.
Additionally, I collaborated with development teams to identify and resolve software defects, created automated testing scripts to streamline testing processes, and documented testing processes and results to communicate findings and drive continuous improvement for the product's success.
Although I'm not currently taking on any freelance projects, I'm always open to hearing about potential opportunities and exploring whether they would be a good fit for collaboration. Let's connect and see how we can work together to create impactful and user-centered designs.